Thursday, February 3, 2011

I almost forgot!

I made granola last Friday night and it was a very easy thing to do.  Had I known all these years how easy it is to make your own granola, well, it would be a staple already in our house like it is going to be from now on.  It did not get as crunchy as I would have liked, because the igniter went out on our oven during the baking part of the recipe.  But it was still delicious.  It made a lot, and I was worried that it would be too much to have around and would go bad before it got eaten, but Forrest finished the last of it this morning and I would have already made more but our oven is still not fixed.  Waiting on a replacement part and it will hopefully be as good as new by Monday.  To make a long story short, I love to make and have granola around.  It feels healthier than most anything else I might get a craving for.  It is my new addiction, especially over yogurt.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Stephenie, You'll have to share your granola recipe. I have one that I LOVE making. It has coconut and either walnuts or almonds. So good with yogurt or milk. :)